simple C++

Roberto Alsina ralsina at conectiva.com.ar
Tue Oct 3 18:00:23 BST 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Erik Hjelmås wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I work at a college where we're considering switching to Linux starting
> with the programming classes. We've used Borlands c++ compiler for the
> last 6-7 years I think. Here's my problem;
>
> - emacs is to tough for many of the beginners whose just taking one or two
> programming classes
>
> - kwrite and gcc is a combination, but gdb i to tough as a debugger
>
> I would like to use Kdevelop from day one, but isn't there any way I can
> program simple C++ programs without creating a whole projects with dousins
> of files?

Just edit a prog.cpp, and use "make prog". That should be all the building
environment you need for teaching :-)

OTOH, a kdevelop project template is just a tarball, you could create a
very simple one...

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at conectiva.com.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Director técnico
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Conectiva SA
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"Those who serve the revolution plough the sea" Bolivar