simple C++

Erik Hjelmås erikh at hig.no
Tue Oct 3 17:55:35 BST 2000

Hi,

I work at a college where we're considering switching to Linux starting
with the programming classes. We've used Borlands c++ compiler for the
last 6-7 years I think. Here's my problem;

- emacs is to tough for many of the beginners whose just taking one or two
programming classes

- kwrite and gcc is a combination, but gdb i to tough as a debugger

I would like to use Kdevelop from day one, but isn't there any way I can
program simple C++ programs without creating a whole projects with dousins
of files?

Is there any chance Kdevelop will give me this option in the future?

I would like to use Kdevelop because its seems very easy to both program,
compile and debug for beginners (and of course offers so much more later
on in the classes).

hope this wasn't off topic, if so I apologize

cheers,

/Erik

Erik Hjelmås   http://www.hig.no/~erikh    erikh at hig.no