newbie q. about graphical libraries

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Nov 26 21:05:39 GMT 2000

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:

> (Sorry if this is too dumb a question, but I figured this would be a great
> place to ask)
>
> Since I can remeber, I have always got away ignoring how to do any graphical
> stuff in C++; I use C++ for numerical-intensive stuff, and what I currently do
> is spit out the output and then read it with R, and do all my plotting there.
> Now, I would really like to plot a few things (scatterplots of pairs of
> variables, or of varaible vs. simulaiton run) while the programs are running;
> nothing very fancy.
>
> Can any body suggest an easy-to-use, very-fast-to-learn, library I can use?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Ramon
>
> --
> Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
> Triana 47
> 28016 Madrid
> Spain

Ola, Ramon !

there´s plenty of stuff available for you with KDE and Qt. There are
already some programs for plotting output, have a look at apps.kde.com
for that. you could reuse the drawing classes and interfaces, you only
should adapt the program then to get your data and interpret it.

Hope that helps,

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org