Problems with latest snapshots

Oliver Sbanski sbanski at mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Nov 20 10:53:40 GMT 2000

On Monday 20 November 2000 10:05, you wrote:
> > Yes, I knew that option, but after setting it, compilation will fail
> > after the next autoconf/configure run...
>
> Ok, sorry.   What does configure complain about, still the libs..   (i
> had all KDE 1 in /opt/kde, including the libs)
> 	bean

Ok, I reinstalled the 20001116 snapshot, and the problem is that the bindir
ist set to just the program name , not <subdir><progname> in the project
setup dialog. Then, trying to start or run does not work, because he tries to
"start" subdir  (which has the same name as the prog, of course).
Then changing the bindir helps, you can run and debug, but only until the
next automake, for example after inserting another dialog - the path names
are somehow messed up.
Here follows the output I got (my program is called miefit):

cd . && automake --foreign Makefile
cd . && perl am_edit Makefile.in
cd . \
  && CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
creating Makefile
gmake  all-recursive
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr2/home/sbanski/server_kopie/c/miefit'
Making all in miefit
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr2/home/sbanski/server_kopie/c/miefit/miefit'
cd .. && automake --gnu miefit/Makefile
miefit/Makefile.am:3: bad macro name `miefit/miefit_SOURCES'
miefit/Makefile.am:4: bad macro name `miefit/miefit_LDADD'
miefit/Makefile.am:4: invalid variable `miefit/miefit_LDADD'; should be`
miefit_miefit_LDADD'
miefit/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `miefit/miefit_SOURCES'; should be
`miefit_miefit_SOURCES'
automake: miefit/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `miefit/miefit.c' is
in subdirectory
Bareword found where operator expected at (eval 238) line 1, near
"s/\@PROGRAM\@/miefit/miefit"
Bareword found where operator expected at (eval 239) line 1, near
"s/\@PROGRAM\@/miefit/miefit"
and so on.

I just tried todays snapshot, and the path problem seems to be fixed -
instead, choosing RMB in the dialog editor for a new dialog, lets my choos a
name for the new dialog, then OK does leave me without a new dialog...

Regards,

Oli