Kdevelop 1.2 and Mandrake 7.2 and KDE2

Guillaume_Rix at Stream.com Guillaume_Rix at Stream.com
Mon Nov 13 11:44:44 GMT 2000

Like other posters on here I am having problems compiling Kdevelop 1.2
under Mandrake 7.2

The libraries qt-1.44-28mdk and kde1-compat are correctly installed (or at least they seem to be).

My first attempt at running ./configure with no arguements being passed resulted in a failure with the script being unable to locate, kurl.h, kapp.h
and qvaluelist.h in the proper paths.

find . -name "kurl.h" and find . -name "kapp.h" located these files in /usr/lib/kde1-compat.

qvaluelist.h was a bit of an oddity, it appeared under /usr/lib/qt2 but not under /usr/lib/qt.

I read through the arguements that could be passed to the configure script and ran it with ./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/kde1-compat.

This time it found the header files but failed at the linking stage telling me that it couldn't do the linking and that I should make sure that qt and
 kdelibs were compiled using the same compiler that I was using now.

Now, as far as I am concerned, a Linux distro should have been compiled using the same compiler that gets installed by the distro.

The one possible solution is to get the source code for qt-1.44 and kdelibs and compile it myself (with no guarantee that it will work) but after
wasting a significant amount of time I don't know whether I can be bothered any more.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can get this to work?