Linking Fortran Objects into MDI project

Danny Nedelko dan at genuinemedia.com
Tue May 30 16:26:47 BST 2000

Author: Dan Nedelko (192.219.238.75)
              Date:   05-30-2000 17:13

              Hi all,

               I am having a problem, working with kdevelop 1.2. I have
written a set of headers etc which allow me to pass variables by
reference into a fortran 77 subroutine. This works wonderfully when I
create my own makefile with content as such:

              main : main.o quadratic2.o
              g++ -o quadratic main.o quadratic2.o
              main : main.o quadratic2.o
              g++ -o quadratic main.o quadratic2.o

              main.o : main.cpp
              g++ -c main.cpp

              quadratic2.o : quadratic2.for
              f77 -c quadratic2.for

              clean :
              rm quadratic main.o quadratic2.o

              This is the makefile on the console app, handwritten. I
have setup an MDI project which does everything but fails linking. I
have no idea where in KDevelop I can modify the makefile safely to add
extra rules (the automagically generated makefiles are very difficult to
decipher). Is there a method via kdevelop project settings etc in order
to make this work?? There is sparse documentation regarding this
subject. Any help would be greatly appeciated.

              Sincerely

              Dan Nedelko
              Research Programmer
              Wilfrid Laurier University