static libraries corrupt?

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Mon May 22 18:57:17 BST 2000

Ulli Hansen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't find that libjpeg.la script on my system. Might this be a
> problem? I found several other scripts though in /opt/kde/lib and
> /opt/kde/lib/ksirc. What kind of error would i be looking for anyway?
A linker error. The library is in /usr/lib, but I don´t think 6.3 is
affected. Anyway, if you have a linker error with la libraries, open
them with an editor to have a look into it. You should however, as said,
update your compiler, that is most important for recent KDE development
!

Ralf
--
Oh Fridolin, oh Fridolin,