compiling a qt app

Danny Nedelko dan at genuinemedia.com
Fri May 19 16:34:27 BST 2000

rejin wrote:

> solved this by specifying --host=i386
> the latest prob is : kdevelop says my c compiler cannot create executables
> due to configuration problems.
> regards,
> rejin.
>
> rejin wrote:
>
> > hello,
> >
> > i got an error - cannot guess host type; you must specify one - while
> > trying to compile a normal qt app with kdevelop (kdk1.2). where should i
> > specify the host type?
> >
> > regards,
> > rejin.

Hi rejin,

You are missing the required libraries for gcc to create executables. If you
plan to develop quite a bit, you need to install:

kernel-*.rpm - anything kernel related can often be necessary to complete
compilations of various sorts due to depends in the given project.

I would also suggest loading up all your libraries....this is just handy
since you'll never be missing a critical header or lib. The entire process
takes up a bit if disk space, but is not out of line for development
purposes....

Best of Luck

Dan Nedelko
Research Programmer