Problems compiling console C++ app

Tim Sutton tim at activeweb.co.za
Sun May 14 19:06:53 BST 2000

Hi all

I am a C++ newbie (and to this list) hoping to use Kdevelop 1.2 as the basis
from which I learn the language.

I am running Mandrake 7.0 (using the standard installation option)
I have upgraded to Kdevelop 1.2 using the KDK rpm.

When I try to compile the application generated by the C++ Console application
wizard, I get the following error messages (Under both the version 1.2 and 1.2
of kdev):

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -O0 -g3 -Wall -c main.cpp
main.cpp:22: iostream.h: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [main.o] Error 1
*** failed ***

The file does reside on my system under:

/usr/include/g++-2/iostream.h

The /usr/include/g++-2/ dir is also in my path. I believe there may be an
environment var missing or some other problem? If any one can offer some
guidance I would really appreciate it.

Regards,

 --

Tim Sutton
tim at activeweb.co.za
ICQ: 6712273

"There are three kinds of people:
Those who can count and those who can't"