Please, how can I change the compiler?

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu May 11 13:41:11 BST 2000

Richard Moore wrote:

> Sounds like you're trying to override the C compiler. You should be
> overriding the C++ compiler. CXX=xgcc may prove more successfull. (This
> is from memory so I might be wrong).

    Thanks a lot for reply, but I checked all these variants. The most
strange is that when I export CC=xgcc and CXX=xgcc it sees (!!) the
definition and calls the xgcc, but reportcs that it can't build executables.
    But I would like not to use CC/CXX in environment, becase this means that
I shall not be able to run "normal" project in kdevelop. May be there is some
"canonical" way to do this?
    Once more thanks.

leonp at plris.com