Probelm creating first project

m.plagmann at irl.cri.nz m.plagmann at irl.cri.nz
Wed Mar 22 20:19:39 GMT 2000

Hi,
after successful installation of KDevelop I receive the followinf error message
when the program tries to 'make' the automatically created source files:

 cd .. && automake --gnu testkde/Makefile
cd .. && perl automoc testkde/Makefile.in
cd .. \
  && CONFIG_FILES=testkde/Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
creating testkde/Makefile
/usr/bin/xgettext -C -ki18n -x /usr/include/kde.pot `find . -name \*.h -o -name \*.cpp -o -name \*.cc` -o ../po/testkde.pot
error while opening "/usr/include/kde.pot" for reading: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [messages] Error 1
*** failed ***

It fails alright as the file it looks for (kde.pot) is not lokated at
/usr/include but at /usr/include/kde as it should be. The root make file of
thie 'testkde' project shows the right path to the kde includes. Where is this
trucated path comming from?  How can I fix this?

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers,
Manfred