excepitons and signals

Thimo Nuehs tnu at ratio.de
Wed Mar 22 11:55:21 GMT 2000

Hi all !
I got a problem when i throw an exception in a signalhandler. When i
force a SIGFPE signal the exception in the signalhandler causes an
SIGABRT. When i call the Signalhandler manuell everything works fine.
The little testprogramm shows my problem. I hope someone cauld give me a
little hint.  Thx

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include <config.h>
#endif

#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <signal.h>

void ErrorFunc(int Error);
void SignalHandler(int signo);

main()
{

    signal( SIGFPE,    &SignalHandler );
    ErrorFunc(0);
    ErrorFunc(1);
}

void ErrorFunc(int Error)
{
    try
    {
        cout << "Error code is " << Error << endl;

       // force a SIGFPE Signal --> excepition fails
      int i = 10/0;

       // manual call of SignalHandler --> excepition works fine
       //SignalHandler(1);

        if (Error > 0 )
        {
            throw(Error);        // This statement causes control to
jump
                                 // to the 'catch' statement
        }

        cout << "No Error occoured" << endl;

    }
    catch(int n)
    {
        cout << "Error number is " << n << endl;;
    }
}

void SignalHandler(int signo)
{
        cout << "In SignalHandler before throw" << endl;
        throw(99);
        cout << "In SignalHandler after throw" << endl;
        exit(1);
}

--

Thimo Nuehs