Persistent application configuration data.

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Mar 17 20:03:24 GMT 2000

Richard Moore wrote:

> You ought to consider whether you really want to do this. It could be
> that it should be handled by the session and window managers. Perhaps
> you should talk to Matthias Ettrich to get his opinion on this (or ask
> on kde-core-devel).

Hi Rich,

the templates have overridden saveProperties and readPorperties from
KTMainWindow already ;-) So there is the place to add session managed
data (where geometry is definitely NOT an option to do because that is
already saved by session management). The geometry is only important to
save and restore if you have a "normal" start. That´s why I only
included the size and not the complete geometry as placement is done by
the window manager. But if you want to store the topleft position as
well, that´s ok, isn´t it ?

Ralf
--
Ralf Nolden