configure --enable-final

Bjoern Krombholz bjkro at gmx.de
Fri Mar 17 14:37:06 GMT 2000

Tried building the current (2000-03-17) cvs version and everything worked
fine unless I run configure with '--enable-final'.

I'm interested in what this option exactly means. There are no different
compiler options.
It seems that all .cpp files of one program (kwrite f.e.) are put together
in one main source which will be compiled, aren't they?!

But why does this break the building process? Are the source files merged
in a wrong order?

And finally, if it works which advantages would be there, just smaller
binaries?

Bjoern

--
Sign the Linux Driver Petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html