kde-2: #if 0 in kfiledialog.h ???

Will Andrews andrews at technologist.com
Tue Mar 7 23:52:22 GMT 2000

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 11:29:08AM +0100, Markus Gustavsson wrote:
> I saw this too some days ago... Amazing how good ideas those guys have ;-)
> I don't even know what #if 0 does...
> Just comment it out from your headers and it should work again afaik.

It is a preprocessor directive that basically performs the same thing as
/* until the next #endif, which becomes the same thing as */.

In other words, the code between #if 0 and #endif is zapped by the
preprocessor before it reaches the compiler.

This should be a well-known fact; any decent C/C++ programmer should
understand each and all the preprocessor directives.

--
Will Andrews <andrews at technologist.com>