kde-2: #if 0 in kfiledialog.h ???

Thorsten Gecks t_gecks at informatik.uni-kl.de
Tue Mar 7 08:33:25 GMT 2000

Why is the #if 0 place in kfiledialog.h ? I can't compile a normal
KDE2-App with this as you can see at bottom ...
(I got the kdelibs-20000227.tar.bz2-Snapshot and it compiled without
problems, qt-2.1 is installed in /usr/lib/qt-2.1 ....)

#if 0
    /**
     * This method creates a modal file dialog and returns the selected
     * filename or an empty string if none was chosen.
     *
     * Note that with
     * this method the user must select an existing filename.
     *
     * @param dir This specifies the path the dialog will start in.
     * @param filter This is a space seperated list of shell globs.
     * @param parent The widget the dialog will be centered on initially.
     * @param name The name of the dialog widget.
     */
    static QString getOpenFileName(const QString& dir= QString::null,
                                   const QString& filter= QString::null,
                                   QWidget *parent= 0,
                                   const QString& caption =QString::null);

#endif

output in kdevelop:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/tmp/kde2libs/include
-I/usr/lib/qt-2.1/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -O0 -g3 -Wall -c test.cpp
test.cpp: In method `void TestApp::slotFileOpen()':
test.cpp:437: no method `KFileDialog::getOpenFileName'
test.cpp: In method `void TestApp::slotFileSaveAs()':
test.cpp:482: no method `KFileDialog::getSaveFileName'
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/student/test/test'
gmake[1]: *** [test.o] Error 1