some questions

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 17 09:26:45 BST 2000

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, David Santo Orcero wrote:
>

> >  Hello, all:
> >
> >  I am an YAWDK -Yet another wannabe on developing for KDE-. I was
> > enlighted with Kdevelop one month ago, and I have been studiing
> > the use of programming for KDE during last month. Now I am triing
> > to port some of programs under Sun's OpenLook -yes, I use that library,
> > in 2000-. The main trouble is that I work on C, and hate C++.
> >
> >  I saw at kde developer home page a link to a wrapper, for developing
> > under C. But that links points to a empty dir. Does Anybody know an
> > alternative location for the wrappers?
>
> I wrote them, and I guess I must have a copy somewhere. However, they are
> badly out of date.
>
> Not to mention that they are for Qt 1.33 or somesuch, and KDE2 based on Qt
> 2.1 is coming pretty soon.
I've wrapped some new classes and added them to Roberto's QtC library, and
converted it into a KDevelop project. It's part of doing an Objective-C api for
Qt - see 'qtc.tar' inside 'kdkobjc-0.2.tar.gz' on the KDevelop site. I'm
intending to add to it and maintain it - the python scripts are easy to hack to
generate kde api's for instance.

-- Richard