Right click menu option to Dock/Undock KDevelop 2.0 windows?

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 15:54:57 BST 2000

I've been trying out KDevelop 2.0 and I think the various new window handling
options are great. Especially split views and undockable windows. For
most projects you're working on two or three main source files at once, but
doing small changes and refering to, say, ten more source files. So now
I can have to the main sources as undocked split horizontal windows, with the
others staying docked and easy to flip through within the KDevelop main window

But I did thought it needed a right clickable to dock/undock windows (under
the split view one) - so please find attached a small patch to add the menu
option, if anyone would like to try it out.

I find the KDE task bar becomes unusable once you have quite a few undocked
windows open. I think it should show the icon for the main app whether or not
it has been minimised, but any sub-windows (like undocked KDevelop 2.0 windows)
should only appear in the task bar if they've been minimised. The taskbar also
doesn't give any visual cues about whether or not the app/window has been
minimised. Often I wrongly think a hidden app has been minimised, so I click on
the taskbar tile and minimise it...

 -- Richard