kdevelop/kdk-1.2 KDE libs doc borken!!

Serge Lussier lusse at videotron.ca
Fri Jun 2 04:44:22 BST 2000

"W. Tasin" wrote:

> The KDK uses the shared html directory of KDE.
> Something like /opt/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs or
> /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs (depending on your distribution).
> If you find this directory an it contains
> kab             kdeui           kfmlib          kspell
> kdoc-reference  khtmlw          kdecore         kfile           kimgio

 I put some "fprintf(stderr," ...",...); into the
 CKDevelop::slotProjectAPI() function.
 I discovered that the kdoc_reference dir was mis-placed.
 I want to point something here:

 -  Near the begining, the function check if references directory path is
there:
 but it returns with no warnings if that path is not there:
    ( " ...
        if( !d.exists())
            return;
     ")
-> This cause the status of the the toolbar to stay as is, and the status
message to still
display "Making Project API" ... here is the eternity if we stay in front of
our screen waiting
for the (not started) process to (never) finish...
Its not a real bug,  its a false state. And the status bar is disabled until
we press stop...
I modified that section for my satisfaction :
    if(!d.exists())
    {
        QString S = QString("API-Documentation failed... ") + idx_path + "
not found.";
        setToolMenuProcess(true);
        // I know i18n can't be used here...
        slotStatusMsg(S.data());
        return;
   }
:-)

OK, now my kdoc problems:
I copied the kdoc_reference directory where Kdevelop expect, and
it raised another failure which I can't resolve - here is the ouput
on the messages window of Kdevelop:
.
.
.  [truncated]
kdoc: processing showmail.h
kdoc: processing tenv.h
kdoc: processing showheaders.h
Modification of a read-only value attempted at /usr/local/share/kdoc/Iter.pm
line 389, <SOURCE> line 734.
Generating documentation in html format...
*** failed ***

Now I am really screwed - I don't know Perl and how kdoc works.

Thanx
Want to continue to help me ?
Serge Lussier