debugger request

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at gmx.de
Tue Jul 18 18:31:30 BST 2000

Am Die, 18 Jul 2000 schrieben Sie:
> So... take a look at setupInternalDebugger() in ckdevelop.cpp and try adding
> var_viewer->setFocus() ?? somewhere appropriate. See if that works :-) If you
> feel that works really nice, then I'll accept the patch :-)

nope, it's not setFocus. But if you append the method by:
setupInternalDebugger()
{
	slotTCurrentTab(VAR);
	slotTTabSelected(VAR);
}

It will do the trick. BTW wouldn't it be better to use enumerations for the tab
numbers.  Much more type safe...

> Ah - this is an issue with speed and stepping. Having the variable list open
> means I must do a "info local". If the local list is large this command, at
> the gdb end,  takes a loooong time causing stepping through code to be slow.
> Having the tree "deflated" means I can avoid this slow down. So what's it to
> be, slow stepping or one extra click? (or, eeek, another option :-)

Yes, but reaching the first breakpoint - what will be your first action, hmmm?
Right, inflating the variable tree. Why else would I invoke the debugger? Gimme
a hint, like the one above, and I'll do the rest & test it. (What about an
option flag?)

> Don't understand. What do you mean "upon change"? Are you talking about
> stepping through code and the tree deflates? That shouldn't happen, once
> open, it should stay open, but I remember some problems in that area at one
> point :-) Can you try the cvs version of 1.2 and see if that fixes this
> problem. If not, let us know.

Correct. I worked with an old version of KDevelop. My fault :).

Thanks
oliver