debugger request

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.de
Tue Jul 18 10:30:02 BST 2000

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Hi jbb & others
>

> Is there a way to make the variable folder become top upon start of the
> internal debugger?
Good idea - although in kdevelop2 this might not be an issue :-) I'll not do
this for 1.2 now.
So... take a look at setupInternalDebugger() in ckdevelop.cpp and try adding
var_viewer->setFocus() ?? somewhere appropriate. See if that works :-) If you
feel that works really nice, then I'll accept the patch :-)

> Also it would be nice to have the main variable tree
> inflated, too, as these are two mouse clicks I have to do every time I
> start the debugger.
Ah - this is an issue with speed and stepping. Having the variable list open
means I must do a "info local". If the local list is large this command, at
the gdb end,  takes a loooong time causing stepping through code to be slow.
Having the tree "deflated" means I can avoid this slow down. So what's it to
be, slow stepping or one extra click? (or, eeek, another option :-)

> Is there a reason why the variable tree of a data
> structure deflates uppon change? It would be better if it would keep
> it's shape. Would this be feasible?

Don't understand. What do you mean "upon change"? Are you talking about
stepping through code and the tree deflates? That shouldn't happen, once
open, it should stay open, but I remember some problems in that area at one
point :-) Can you try the cvs version of 1.2 and see if that fixes this
problem. If not, let us know.

jbb