Wish: improve file import functionality to project import functionality

Martin Winkelbauer winkman at lion.cc
Sun Jul 9 18:16:07 BST 2000

(Meant for KDevelop Wishlist)

By trying to convert the promising Crystal Space - Project to KDevelop I performed poor.
(Not KDevelp's fault nor Crystal Space's but my humble linux/c++ development skills)
So I'd suggest to improve the import functions to not only import marked files from a list in
the project directory but also whole directory-trees with files and subfolders
(*.h, *.c, *.cpp *.* :-) and if possible makefiles also.

This would free Me from the burden to learn read/write makefiles properly and allow Me and
numerous other unskilled wannabe linuxers to use the formidable KDevelop IDE to easy
hack into countless oldstyle unix projects and benefit from the outstanding KDevelop
features.

m.t.
Martin J. F. Winkelbauer