ANNOUNCE: KDE Snapshot Binaries available 2000-07-08

Christopher Molnar molnarc at nebsllc.com
Sun Jul 9 16:09:48 BST 2000

VERY IMPORTANT: THESE BINARIES ARE CREATED FROM THE CVS AND MAY NOT BE
IDENTICAL TO THE BETA THAT WAS RELEASED. THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL KDE
BINARIES. (DEVELOPERS: The date in kapp.h is changed to 20000708).

 A new version of the KDE Snapshot binaries are available
 at us.mandrakesoft.com.  Please read the README file in the
 same directory. Just in case you missed it "READ THE README" prior to
 doing anything! If you need help installing please go to www.kde.org and
 look for directions.

 MANDRAKE, REDHAT, and other RPM based system users should update to the RPM's
 with this build. This is extremely important and will save you problems as
 we move forward. The file locations will change with my next build and if you
 are using the tar binaries you will have more work. The RPM's will do all
 the needed work for you.

 These binaries are built from CVS as of 08 July
 2000 at 06:00am Eastern Standard Time (-0500).

 Please bring all install questions to the un-official
 kde-alpha list at kde-alpha-request at nebsllc.com.

 These binaries are built with QT 2.1.1 (-3mdk if you are a mandrake
 rpm user). You must have qt 2.1.1 with jpeg support compiled. Get it
 in the same directories as the packages or at any Mandrake-devel
 mirror.

 These files are available via ftp from:

 ftp://us.mandrakesoft.com/pub/kde

 or via http at:

 http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~molnarc (follow links for kde2 Alpha
 binaries)

 You will also be able to find these at (after a few days):

 http://www.htw-dresden.de/~s2697

 The rpm's are also available on any Mandrake-devel mirror (cooker), if
 you install on Mandrake please make sure you get the kde2and1scripts.rpm
 as well. You will have to do a --force on this one.

 The RPM installs have been tested by me on a Mandrake 7.1
 machine. They have also been reported to work on all
 other distributions.

 The rpm's are built with Mandrake 7.1. If you are not running the
 most recent version of rpm, I would suggest an upgrade.

 If you are running prior Alpha's I highly recommend you
 update. There are a lot of fixes and some structural
 changes in the packages.

 You will also find Source tar.gz's in the same
 directory.

 Christopher Molnar
 Mandrake Software
 Hartford, CT USA
 (860)956-9408
 molnarc at mandrakesoft.com

 "It said uses Windows 95 or better, so I loaded Linux!"