Fwd: KDevelop 1.2

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.de
Thu Jul 6 12:11:28 BST 2000

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this mail reached me and I think this is a better place for it:

> Subject: KDevelop 1.2
> Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 17:59:42 +0100
> From: Michael Grant <mickgr at drahthaar.clara.net>
>

> Matthias,
>
> I have been using 1.2 since released.  A good incremental release
> generally, appears more stable, bug which intermitantly crashed earlier
> version when adding multiple existing files to project now appears
> totally fixed.
> Usability and configurability were also increased.
> I have dabbled with various IDE's since finding KDevelop but have gone
> back to it each time, KDevelop is better.
>
> The only major problem I have with it is the internal debugger, which
> often runs like glue, with simple function calls or variable assignments
> taking huge amounts of time to complete.  A few switches between the
> program being debugged and KDevelop is what seems to do it, redrawing
> freezes and therafter runs like treacle.
> I have quite a fast machine with loads of memory and disk space so dont
> think that is the problem.
> I have to close the debugger, delete the old breakpoints, move them to
> wherever I got to and restart the debugger to carry on and retain
> sanity.
> I can't offer any suggestions as to cause however.

Hi

I looked into this and found where it was going wrong. I put a patch on the
kdevelop ftp incoming site. I forget what it was called now
kdevelop-something-something.patch ???

Have a look - there's 4 or 5 patches there for kdevelop1.2 - you'll want this
one and another for the debugger about expanding variables.

If you have problems let me know :-)

jbb