A question about kdevprj files

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jan 29 09:16:29 GMT 2000

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Joachim Ansorg wrote:
>
> > I noticed that maintaining the KDevelop .kdevprj files of an application in CVS
> > is a pain, because if every user adds the files locally and commits later this
> > will result in conflicts.
> >
> > Putting the file in .cvsignore doesn't help, too. Thats why because every user
> > gets now different kdevprj files and perhaps unresolved refernces and the like.
> >
> > Is there a better way to maintain this file?
>
> We have the same problem in kuml. A solution may be to remove .kdevprj
> from repository, and each user is responsible for adding the new files
> locally into the project.
>
> This is far from perfect.

Another very imperfect solution is to take a copy of this file and add that to
the cvs repository, and then maintain this file manually instead. Awkward, but
you'll be able to keep people in sync.

But it's easier to _never_ commit this file unless you have to, and make sure
that you don't clash when you do update it in cvs.

--
Regards,

jbb
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb