Library of project modules

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Fri Jan 28 10:36:31 GMT 2000

Am Fre, 28 Jan 2000 schrieb Sandy Meier:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 you wrote:
> > I split my "big" project into small subprojects because the handling of large projects in kdevelop
> > is still not very satisfying  (subdirectories etc.)
> >
> > Now I have finished the first subproject and want to start the second one in which I need to
> > use a library of modules of the first subproject.
> >
> > How do I create a library of my first subproject modules? Do I have to edit the Makefile manualy?
>
> Hi!
>
> Please read the "Chapter 8.1 Projectypes#Libraries" of the KDevelop User
> Manual. Creating shared libraries will hopefully much easier in KDevelop 2.

Hi Sandy!

I think I'm not that expert with kdevelop :-(
This part of the manual is not very clear to me.

Do I have the possibility to have subdirectories in my first project with all the modules I want to
develop for use in other projects.
i.e. $PROJECTS/proj1/proj1/modules
Then have a second project with subdirectories of foreign modules where the subdirectories are
links to the actual directories of proj1 etc.?
i.e.
$PROJECTS/proj2/proj2/modules_proj1
with ln -s $PROJECTS/proj1/proj1/modules $PROJECTS/proj2/proj2/modules_proj1

Both projects would give me the ability to alter modules and update the library.
Will this confuse kdevelop (or cvs)?
If not, this would be a great advantage because I can develop my modules with a testapplication and use
them in other projects as needed. Also I could create projects for multiple applications without loosing
the ability to debug inside the modules. Any other ideas for solving such requests?

- Werner -

P.S. I like working with kdevelop very much !!! ( I love my job ! )

--
Werner Modenbach		 modenbach at alc.de
ALC Computertechnik GmbH	 http://www.alc.de