What do I need to develop for KDE 1.1.2 and KDE 2

Maniac Maniac at alltel.net
Sat Jan 22 17:57:18 GMT 2000

I'm hoping someone here can assist me

I'm currently using the KDevelop1.1-beta and would like to
develop for both KDE 1.1.2 and KDE2

I'm running both KDE's using KDEDIR environment variables to set the appropiate
directories and have successfully created projects under both environments.
but if I change something and KDevelop re-runs the configure script I sometimes
get the error <paraphrased> configure can't successfully run a KDE app

I've traced this to the changes between KDE1x and 2 the
KApplication under KDE2 has no KApplication::kde_*dir() function
My question is where does KDevelop get the information to build the configure
script?
Is it aclocal.m4?  And can I have 2 aclocal.m4's 1 for KDE 1.x and 1 for KDE2
or can I set an environment variable to automatically include the correct one?

Thanks for any and all assistance

Maniac at alltel.net
A single tasking guy in a multitasking world