Java IDE support within KDevelop..?

Jon Webber jwebber at dircon.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 19:52:29 GMT 2000

All,

I'm a newcomer to the world of KDE...  and I'm extremely impressed.
I have now almost completely migrated from Windows to Linux using KDE.
However, one thing that is lacking at the moment on Linux is an
efficient Java IDE.  I know there are loads of 100% Java IDEs out there
but they're all too slow!!  Are there any plans to integrate Java into
KDevelop?  I know that the editor kinda supports Java, but it would be
great to be able to compile and debug Java apps using any Java runtime.
Personally I'm not interested in creating Java GUIs, but believe that
Java as a server side language is becoming more prevalent and is my
language of choice.  Can you let me know if there are any thoughts on
Java integration, I'm quite willing to lend a hand if people are
interested?

Regards,

Jon Webber