Error2-- New Redhat 6.1 Binaries and RPM's available forKDE2Prealpha

Martin Kavec martin.kavec at uku.fi
Fri Jan 21 08:01:28 GMT 2000

Hi all.

When I installed this (last) version of KDE2, I got following message.
**************
kinit: error in loading shared libraries: /opt/kde2/lib/libkdecore.so.3:
undefined symbol: pixmap__C18QMimeSourceFactoryRC7QString
Instance kcminit has no about data
charset file invalide or not found. Defaulting to latin 1
Using old audio server with talk id 0

DCOPClient: setup DCOP protocol. Major opcode = 2
KUniqueApplication: Child can't attach to DCOP.

DCOPClient: setup DCOP protocol. Major opcode = 2
KUniqueApplication: Child can't attach to DCOP.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong.
I also had to make the steps, which are not in the instruction (including
the path '/opt/kde2/bin' to my '/etc/profile).
Is there something else that has to be done.

Martin