kdevelop setup

Walter Roth roth at mfh-iserlohn.de
Wed Jan 19 20:54:46 GMT 2000

Hallo everybody,
I try to get kdevelop working on a Suse 6.3 system. All libs, source
codes for kdelibs and programs are from the Suse CD's.  However, it
seems, that at least one program is still missing. The setup process
finds all programs. It also reports, that it creates a new KDE docu from
/opt/kde/share/source/kdelibs1.1.2. However it does not create a new
doc. When the indexing process starts, it reports, that the path to the
kde documentation is wrong.
Nevertheless the installation terminates with a success message. I
think, it would be better to give an error report if anything goes
wrong, and to launch the sucess message only if there was absolutely no
error.
Nvertheless, kdevelop starts. However, when the wizzard creates a new
project, it reports that the pragram xgettext is missing and should be
installed. Where do I get this program from? Nevertheless kdevelop
continues and creates alot of files. The log window shows an error: Your
system fails at linking a small kde application ....
When I try the "Erstellen" translation for Create all?? command, I get a
message: make: No target.
The QT example programs compile correctly on my system.
Can somebody help me?
I think, it would be a good Idea to make a list of the various programs
and where to get them from (ideally all in the same directory on the
same server), that must be installed to get kdevelop working.
However, I think it is a very good idea to create a really modern IDE
for Linux.
Walter Roth