Problem linking with qetxmdi

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 07:19:05 GMT 2000

Carlos Perez wrote:

> I'm writing an application using Kdevelop in my Mk 6.1 system.  I
> recently
> installed qextmdi but cant get my app to link with it.
Hmm.... looking at your error messages I see that your compiler loves
the code but the linker does not.
There are errors concerning to a missing virtual table of QPaintDevice
but I can't see undefined references to methods or classes of QextMDI.

Did you had a look at the example applications of the QextMDI package?
These applications link it dynamicly.

>  I added
> -lqextmdi tp my libraries in my project options.
Well done.

> socketdlg.o: In function `SocketDlg::SocketDlg(QWidget *, char const
> *)':
> /root/commhost/commhost/socketdlg.cpp:28: undefined reference to
> `SocketDlg::QPaintDevice virtual table'
> /root/commhost/commhost/socketdlg.cpp:28: undefined reference to
> `SocketDlg
> virtual table'
Could you give us the source code of the constructor of SocketDlg?

--

Ciao,
--Falk