KDevelop and QT

Bhola N De bhola at ieee.org
Sat Jan 15 18:58:22 GMT 2000

Prasanth Kumar wrote:

> I had installed the KDevelop RPM on my Redhat 6.1 system and when I tried to
> create a sample application, it complained about my version of QT. I think
> it has to do something about the fact that the KDE libraries are compiled to
> QT 1.x which the default QT development libraries for Redhat 6.1 is QT 2.x.
> How do I go about fixing this?

I had the same problem and I found  that both QT 1.x and QT 2.x were
installed on my computer from RH 6.1 installation and that /usr/lib/qt
was linked to /usr/lib/qt-2.0.1.  I deleted the link /usr/lib/qt and
recreated the link pointing to QT 1.x:

# ln -s /usr/lib/qt-1.44 /usr/lib/qt

This seemed to solve the problem.  Hope this helps.

--
  ^    ^
 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)   bhola at ieee.org