code completion

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 14 14:16:45 GMT 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, John Zedlewski wrote:

> as unnecessary/too difficult?).  WsStudio (wxstudio.linuxbox.com) is the
> only free IDE I know of that has this feature,

Really? Last time I checked it had around 5-10 kloc and approximately
no features at all. Just wondering...

>    Conceptually, it's not too hard, but it is a lot more complicated
> than shell completion.  To take an example, look at:
> "
> KMyDialog dlg;
> ... lots of intervening code ...
> int doSomething() {
> 	(*((someOtherClass*)dlg.pointerToMyClass)->funcReturningPointer(x)).
> "

Weeell, I don't think supporting bad coding practice is a priority.
If a method call is hard to read for a parser, then it's certainly
also hard to read for a human programmer (such as the expression
above). So not supporting expressions has also an educating effect ;-)

Bernd.