Editor Window bug in Kdevelop1.0 on Tru64 4.0f

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Thu Jan 13 18:48:01 GMT 2000

Ronald Tanner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just installed the following files on our Alpha running Digital Unix 4.0f:
>
>  qt-1.44.tru64_4.0f.tar.gz
>  kde-1.1.2-tru64_4.0f
>  kdk-1.0a.tar.gz
>
> Now the editor window in kdevelop 1.0 looks VERY messy. The file
> contents are displayed on the right half of the window and any
> attempt to edit it results in some unreadable muddle. It seems
> that the window is not refreshed correctly.
>
> Can anybody give me a hint?

Hi Ronald,

If the editor window is displayed correctly and only the content of it is displayed
on the right half of the window, I suggest you look into
kdevelop/kwrite/kwview.cpp.
Please check in KWriteView::KWriteView if you see a move(2,2); instruction. Try to
change the parameters to see what it does.
Check also in KWriteView::paintTextLines the xPos and yPos value (for example with
debug("xPos: %d, yPos: %d\n", xPos, yPos);).
If there is a problem with xPos (I guess it will always be big) then have a look in
the ugly KWriteView::updateView (at this time I wish you good luck :-).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Christian.