C++ parser integrated to kuml

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jan 8 01:38:50 GMT 2000

On Sat, 08 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2000 you wrote:
> >
> > Wern't you going to intergrate kuml and kdevelop at some stage in the future?
>
> I think for DCOP would be the best solution to handle communications
> between Kuml and KDevelop2.

Your right that kuml and kdevelop need to coexist separately, but I suspect
that passing _all_ the class data via DCOP isn't the solution.

It would be a good idea to tackle the database issues in the parser so that,
incremental updates could happen on a header change rather than a full reparse
and data sharing between kuml and kdevelop via db could be used with DCOP
"trigger" messages.

The application source code should be editable via kuml or kdevelop.

I'd love to hear kumls thoughts on all this. But perhaps this is a bit OT for
this list.

Also, I'm sure others could propose much better solutions that these wispy
thoughts...

> > > For kuml, we need to make reverse engineering for other languages, java
> > > for example. Are there any plan to make other parsers for OO languages
> > > in kdevelop ?
>
> There were some ideas about that, but at the moment there is no working code.

Now thats a challenge, isn't it Sandy :-) A really good task, but quite big
though and only for kdevelop version 2. And that word java keeps coming up.
Where are our java experts...?

--
Regards,

jbb