configure error: need giflb30...

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jan 7 06:54:45 GMT 2000

On Fri, 07 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> I'm trying to compile KDK 1.0.0 on my Mandrake 6.1 box.
> When I run ./configure i get an error message: You need giflib30. Please
> install kdesupport package.
> As I said before it is installed. I also checked the file list of the
> kdesupport package:
> there is no file with that name.
> I checked the same kdesupport package from the redhat 6.1 release:
> there is no file with that name either.
>
> Where do I find giflib30 so that I can compile KDK 1.0.0?

That is a nasty, confusing  error message isn't it. :(

The files you're looking for are libgif.so.3*

You can find them in

libungif-4.1.0-4mdk.i586.rpm
libungif-devel-4.1.0-4mdk.i586.rpm

There's also libungif-progs-4.1.0-4mdk.i586.rpm  which are some programs for
manipulating gif images, which you don't need for kdevelop...

--
Regards,

jbb
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb