Ghost points in small app & question about using qt 2.0.1 libs.

Mr. Data mr.data at nikocity.de
Thu Jan 6 18:25:20 GMT 2000

You wrote:

>     I wrote a small application that generates random coordinates for, say,
> 10 points, then does a paint.drawPoint thingy to an empty window.  The
> problem is that I seem to get "ghost" points - maybe 10 to 15 more points
> than I actually asked for, especially near the edges.  Even more show up if
> I drag another window (for instance a Netscape window) across my little
> random point window.
>
>     What's the deal?
Hi,
the following is only a guess (because you didn´t show your code):
Where did you place your code? Maybe in an overridden paintEvent() member
function of your main widget ?
In this case, your code is called everytime your widget needs to be
repainted, e.g. when you drag your Netscape window across it.

Bye M.D.