compiling with 'Run' button

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 29 13:33:16 GMT 2000

llornkcor wrote:

> > No, you havenĀ“t to save the files manually...
> > before _building_ the project... the files will be always saved...
>
> Not always....
> Whatever mechanism that determines if it has been modified and then
> decides to 'make' doesn't always notice that I have changed something, even
> though the title bar recognizes it with a '*'

So i suppose that either this modified file is of type file type DATA
(e.g. AUTHORS, *.lsm) or of type KDEV_DIALOG...
or it isn't bound inside the project, so it won't be needed to
recompile...

> I can change a few  lines, and then push 'Run', and the binary gets
> executed, even with that option you clued me in to is set to 'Only on
> Modification'
>
> > look at: Project Option/Make Option Tab ... on "rebuild behaviour on
> >run/debug"
> > and set it to "always rebuild".
>
> ahhh.. I was looking in Options->Editor, and parts around there. Seemed to be
> an option of the Editor, and not for this project.

Point of view :-)
it is called "rebuild behaviour on run/debug command" (for example if a
file is modified outside the editor it should also appear)...
but on one point you are right...
as _almost all_ the "Make options" inside the "Project options" are
application global and not project specific.

This would be handled by the new project-management (so I hope not
forgetting this ;-))

> Thanks-
> LP

You're welcome :-)
Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)