Qt1.44 / Qt2.x and Kdevelop

Ralf Nolden rnolden at kdevelop.de
Thu Feb 24 09:34:40 GMT 2000

Frederic Mantegazza wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the SuSE 6.2 distrib, with Qt1.44 lib, Qt2.x lib and Qt2.x
> develop packages. And I installed Kdevelop 1.0. So I can compile my
> applications with Qt2.x version.
;-) frameworks of KDevelop 1.0 don´t work yet with Qt 2. Use cvsup to
get the current cvs including frameworks for Qt 2 and 2.1.
KDE 1.x apps don´t compile with Qt 2.x, they require you have qt-1.44
installed. use --with-qt-dir= on configure options dialog to set the
correct path, that should do it then for you to develop for 1.44 and
2.x. Use your 1.44 path for KDevelop 1.0, on KDevelop 1.1 set the Qt 2
path in the KDevelop Setup (Options menu), the include path is then set
automatically. Set QTDIR to point to your 1.44 dir.

> But when I try to build a KDE application from sources, ./configure
> complains that I didn't build KDE libs and Qt with the same compiler (I
> believe that I must have KDE1.1 libs and Qt1.44 libs+devel packages to be
> compatible).
>
> So, is there a solution to install both Qt1.44 and Qt2.x devel packages,
> and choose the one I need, either under Kdevelop or under a shell ?
If everything fails, get the sources from the net and compile them
yourself. Much work but it works ;-)

Ralf
--
Ralf Nolden