Dialog Editor in KDevelop 1.0

Jacek Wojdel wojdel at chrysler.kbs.twi.tudelft.nl
Wed Feb 23 08:48:41 GMT 2000

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
> 	If this is strictly a development list, please let me
> know.  I had a question about the KDevelop 1.0 dialog
> editor.  I would like to add a QButtonGroup to my
> dialog, however, this widget is not available in the
> KDevelop 1.0 dialog editor.  So I assume I should put
> the code in by hand.  My question is: will I need to
> delete the the dialog from the project and put
> everything (all of the code to create the other parts of
> the dialog not in the QButtonGroup) in a different file
> (instead of <my_dialog_name>data.cpp) since KDevelop
> automatically regenerates this file?  I hope that this
> question makes sense.  It is hard to explain.  Again, if
> this is not a list for non-development issues, please
> let me know.

I never tried it in KDevelop, but I remember this trick from Symantec tools for
Mac: you may try to inherit your dialog class from the class generated by dialog
editor. In this way you can still let dialog editor generate the base class, do
your development in derived class and (hopefully) everything will work fine.
But as I wrote before: I didn't try it before.

	Jacek