Bug in "make distribution" ?

Torsten Evers tevers at t-online.de
Sun Feb 20 11:48:33 GMT 2000

Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Torsten Evers wrote:
> > After invoking "make messages" the process completed ok. Also the make
> > of the distribution file worked.
> >
> > Now my question: Where can I edit the position of the kde.pot file so
> > that newly generated projects use the right path ?
> You can find that in the Makefile.am in your project subdir (where your
> binary is build). There´s a line make messages: bla which executes the
> message file generation and includes the kde.pot file. Should be
> $(KDEDIR)/include/kde.pot or somewhat like this. What I don´t understand
> is why you´re having an other path than this.../usr/include/kde.pot is
> somewhat seldom except your KDEDIR is /usr ?
Right. Standard in an RH 6.1 installation.

> But I guess that´s RH causing probs like always...Everytime I hear some
> probs with KDevelop, RH is most often involved.
Normally this role is played by SuSE. So in case of KDevelop this is
changed to RedHat :-(

Now it works. I have copied the missing parts of Makefile.am and
Makefile.in in the po subdirectory and corrected the Makefile.am in the
build directory and I have finally got my distribution tgz :-))

Thanks Ralf !

Bye,
Torsten