Bug in "make distribution" ?

Ralf Nolden rnolden at kdevelop.de
Fri Feb 18 11:02:15 GMT 2000

Torsten Evers wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible that there is a bug in the "make distribution tgz"
> function of KDevelop 1.0 and 1.1beta2 ?
> It works for me with C and C++ projects but not with QT/KDE projects.
> The error message occurs when reaching the makefiles in the po
> subdirectory of the project. It says:

> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/apps/develop/kisdnmon/kisdnmon'
> gmake[1]: *** No rule to make target `kisdnmon.pot', needed by
> `distdir'.  Stop.
You need to call "Project->make Messages" so the pot file is created.
You should have an error message in the output window of kdevelop if you
created a project, because the pot file is created directly after the
appwizard was quitted. If you can´t make the pot file (because of that
error) you need to install xgettext, which you can find in SuSe in
package gettext.

Hope this helps,

Ralf

--