Patch to fix a bug

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Tue Feb 15 21:02:36 GMT 2000

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > After adding a new item to the "Others..." group of the doctree I noticed that
> > the icons apper _twice_ until you restart KDevelop.
> >
> > Here's the patch to fix this. It implements clearing the child items before
> > adding all items again.
> >
> > The patch was created with diff -u
>
> ??? Your code does exactly what ListViewFolderItem::refresh() did before
> someone commented it out. I don't get it.

I commented it out.

Problem was pressing the doc tab could cause kdevelop to crash.
Traced to QListView holding onto the deleted classes internally.
The work around solution was to clear the whole tree and rebuild.
But it looks like this refresh is called elsewhere, so the patch would be
needed. But now, will the crash reoccur?

--
Regards,

jbb
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb