Compiling KDE2 projects

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Feb 14 09:26:32 GMT 2000

Pascal Francq wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using KDE 1.1.2 with the corresponding version of KDevelop. I have also
> download and install the kde2 libraries (/opt/kde2).
> I try to create a KDE2 MDI project, but I compile it, the compilers look for
> the includes files (at least) in /opt/kde.
> In my options, the KDE2 path is set to /opt/kde2, so why doesn't the compiler
> looks in the correct paths?

You have to set the correct path for Qt2 and KDE2 in the KDevelop Setup
dialog (KDevelop->Options->KDevelop Setup), page "Path". The pathes are
then appended to ./configure --with-qt-dir=/your-qt-2.1dir
--prefix=/your-kde2-dir

You can add that to the configure options when calling configure from
the build menu, then it should work for your already created project.

Ralf