Probably a FAQ question?

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Fri Feb 11 19:28:22 GMT 2000

> Hello
> I am running the latest version of KDevelop 1.1 beta 2 and would like to use
> the built in debugger with a program compiled against KDE2.

> The program compiles,links and runs fine.  But if I try the toolbar debug
> button I get a Messagebox saying that  gdb cannot execute file
> format not recognized and sure enough the file I'm trying to run is a shell
> script that links to the .lib directory

Hi,

As you've noticed kde2 libtool creates a script to run the executable from the
.libs directory, So run will still work but the debugger doesn't like the
script.

Two solutions

edit your project file and change the line
bin_program=prog_name
bin_program=.libs/prog_name

or

use the debug start/other in the main menu (or the popup menu on the debug
toolbar button) and select the actual executable.

--
Regards,

jbb
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb