Probably a FAQ question?

Maniac Maniac at alltel.net
Fri Feb 11 18:44:54 GMT 2000

Hello
I am running the latest version of KDevelop 1.1 beta 2 and would like to use
the built in debugger with a program compiled against KDE2.

The program compiles,links and runs fine.  But if I try the toolbar debug
button I get a Messagebox saying that  gdb cannot execute file
format not recognized and sure enough the file I'm trying to run is a shell
script that links to the .lib directory

Is there an Environment variable I don't have set or do I have to do something
else to get the debugger to work under KDE 1.1 ?

If I build against  KDE 1x the debugger runs fine.

Thank you for any assistance

Maniac at alltel.net
A single tasking guy in a multi tasking world.