Popups to display functions/methods (was Re: Code Completion volunteer?)

Florent Pillet florent.pillet at opteway.com
Fri Feb 11 11:53:05 GMT 2000

chcouder wrote:

> Florent Pillet wrote:
>
> > On a related topic, something that would be very interesting and that
> > I miss very much is a pop-up menu which displays the functions/methods
> > in the current open file and lets you jump directly to it. This is
> > a function which has been present in Metrowerks CodeWarrior for years
> > and that I can't find in other environments.
> >

> There are two popup menus in the toolbar to do this. You select the class
> in the left popup menu and the method in the right popup menu.
> Also Roland Schafer started to work on icons in the editor left gray
> border that could hide/show the code inside the functions/methods.
> I don't know if Roland will continue his work on this (Roland are you
> still there?), but perhaps anyway you can help on this topic if you are
> interested in it.

Oops you're right Christian, I overlooked this pop-up menu.
Code folding would be a wonderful option, but isn't it too much given
that
you already have the classes/methods list on the left panel?

Also, what about an option to hide the class members in the hierarchical
class list? Well, that was just an idea :=)

Florent Pillet, Software Architect. e-mail: florent.pillet at opteway.com
opt[e]way S.A., BP 37, 80 route des Lucioles, ACTE Immeuble Delta
06901 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Phone: +33 4 93 95 66 51 - Fax: +33 4 93 95 66 52 -
http://www.opteway.com/