Further developments w.r.t. KDevelop documentation nightmare.

Ray A. Akey rakey at cnetbbs.net
Fri Feb 11 04:51:42 GMT 2000

On Thursday, February 10, 2000 12:51 PM, Paul Derbyshire
<derbyshire at globalserve.net> wrote:
> Besides, I'm not just criticizing for the sake of criticizing. I'm also
> correcting the odd misleading remark (someone for example implied that
> KDevelop could be expected to work perfectly out of the box, which in the
> most recent non-alpha version, it clearly does not. And I'm trying to get
> information to further the end of making it actually work. All of this, of
> course, would be unnecessary if the thing worked to begin with -- it's a
> sign of a problem with software if that software's mailing list is full of
> questions about how to get it to do something as basic as display its own
> documentation. And you can't claim I'm dense or something about how to set
> it up, because multiple people have reported similar difficulties, and
> there's even a bug on the kdevelop bug list about it, although the bug
> ticket hasn't had any activity for over a year, itself a bad sign when
it's
> obviously not because the bug was resolved.

I've been using KDEvelop since version 1.0beta1 and I have rarely seen  a
problem.  The worst problem I have ever seen was, I believe, in 1.0beta2 (or
was it beta3?) where adding a NEW C/C++ file cuased KDEvelop to segfault.

Otherwise, KDEvelop is a REAL piece of work and a nice change of pace to
have such a professional development IDE on the *nix platform.  I've tried
many IDE packages such as CodeForge and others and none of them comes close
to KDEvelop.

If you find a bug, report it CONSTRUCTIVELY or better yet, since you're a
"programmer," help fix it.  Posting flamebait isn't going to help anyone on
this mailing list; especially yourself.

Ray A. Akey - HMetalSoft/ZenMetal Software
- Proud member of Team AMiGA and the Phoenix Consortium -
WWW: http://www.cnetbbs.net  email: rakey at killspam.cnetbbs.net