Further developments w.r.t. KDevelop documentation nightmare.

Stu stu at kmsplc.com
Thu Feb 10 17:00:48 GMT 2000

Here here !! You tell him.

For the record, I have probably had less trouble installing KDevelop (from tar.gz)
than any other Linux software.

molnarc at nebsllc.com wrote:

> Man, what an attitude. Maybe you should go back to using Microsoft code. I
> spend an average of 30 hours a week working on KDE , I package alpha
> versions, etc. for the masses. Please realize we all volunteer our time.
> You are not buying a shrink wrapped package, you are not buying code. If
> you do not like what you get try the command "rm -rf /opt/kde" and go to
> another brand of software.
>
> I have seen 2 messages like this in this list today. It is your attitude
> that should not be tolorated. No-one told you to use kdevelop, you chose
> to.
>
> Go Away!
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
>
> > At 02:50 AM 2/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
> > >The KDevelop binary RPM I got definitely didn't have its documentation...
> >
> > Addendum: I've also discovered a few packages whose installation ignores
> > $KDEDIR and sticks the installed stuff in /opt/kde, when it should go in
> > $KDEDIR. Most packages DTRT but a few don't. Then you've got to issue a
> > bunch of mv's to transfer each subdirectory to $KDEDIR after installing one
> > of these packages. It would sure simplify things if mv had a command line
> > flag for recursive directory traversal that would create a target directory
> > for any source directory that didn't have one, and whether the target
> > directory existed beforehand or was created, recursively issue mv for all
> > files and directories therein...

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily Knowledge Management Software plc.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please notify the Systems Manager by telephone on 44 (0) 161 227 9009