Its the HPUX whiner again

Thomas Matelich tmatelich at zetec.com
Tue Feb 8 21:34:00 GMT 2000

Hello all,

We are still having problems with installing on HPUX 10.20.  Here's where
we stand.  Decided to download the pre-built binaries for the libraries
from ftp.us.kde.org.  Downloaded KDevelop 1.1 beta 2.  Ran configure,
built successfully (with modified kdlgloader.h).  Upon running we receive
the following error (after the splash screen tries to come up):

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart (code)  from
/usr/local/kde/lib/libkimgio.sl.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved module for symbol:
kimgio_jpeg_read__FP8QImageIO (code)  from
/usr/local/kde/lib/libkimgio.sl.2
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved module for symbol: kimgioRegister__Fv (code)
from /usr/local/kde/lib/libkhtmlw.sl.2
Abort(coredump)

As I said before, libkimgio does not show a dependency on libjpeg, so I
don't know if it is just not getting linked.  Could you tell me how to
insert this dependency?  Has anyone else successfully built on HPUX since
1.0 beta2?

Please help, my manager has decided that we have to be running kdevelop on
HP-UX for our next project (don't ask me why, cause I don't know).

--
Thomas O Matelich
Senior Software Designer
sosedada at usa.net